Wednesday, December 7, 2011

That Cracks Me Up!

Today's Prompt:   Who or what makes you laugh so hard that milk shoots out of your nose and why? Slapstick, dry witty comedy, your kids, Monty Python?

As anybody who knows me will testify, I tend to take life too seriously.  At one point a number of years ago I decided I really needed to lighten up so I offered my kids 25cents every time they made me bust out laughing.  To this day they still say "You owe me a quarter!" whenever they hit the mark.   I wish I had video clips of all the times they have cracked me up, but since we haven't wired our house for closed-circuit TV, I thought I'd go with my favorite TV clips for today's prompt.    These are the clips that have stayed with me long after the scene was past .. and make me grin just thinking about them even today.

When Ross on Friends gets a spray tan.

When Sheldon on Big Bang Theory creates an algorithm for making friends.  Or when he recommends Penny try out wholesale club shopping.  Or just about a hundred other great scenes! 

When Family Feud answers go awry.

On Modern Family  when car wrap doesn't work out as planned.  Or when the girls poke the bear. 

How I Met Your Mother .. Happy Slapsgiving!  And Barney Stinson's pick up lines.

And lastly, The Middle, where Axl reminds me of my own sons.  This clip is my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Love all those videos...especially Big Bang and HIMYM. Reading all of these posts is good for the giggles!

    ReplyDelete